What's Your Art? // Justina Blakeney

posted on: July 21, 2011

IMG_5594

I'm so excited to give you a peek into the life of Justina Blakeney! I love this girl! She's the kind of person you always want to be around--has a style that inspires, a sense of humor that will always keep you laughing, and a creative mind that moves the masses. Justina is a blogger and the co-founder (along with her sister Faith) of Compai, a design studio/consultancy specializing in style and sustainability, incorporating recycled materials and environmentally friendly practices into the design process whenever possible. She also works as the Marketing Manager for the awesome company Woolly Pocket. I visited her office recently and snapped a few pictures of her in action, then we headed to her studio/home aka The Jungalow to snap a few more.



Justina! Tell us, what's your art?
My art is my life--from the crazy outfits I pick out to wear in the morning to the upcycled doodads that I make at night and the visual communications that I create in between. To me, art is not a profession or a trade or a learned skill or a talent, but a colorful, cathartic way of engaging and interpreting the universe.

IMG_5700

What keeps you going?
I'm the type of person that always has a lot on my plate. The good news is, I have a healthy appetite. Life is short, and it keeps getting shorter, so I try and do what I can to make it sweet and meaningful. 

IMG_5876IMG_5850

If you aren't familiar with Justina's work, get familiar! She'll keep you on your toes and brighten your life. Thanks Justina for being part of the What's Your Art series!

Find more of Justina here: Portfolio // Compai // Design For Mankind // Woolly Pocket Blog // Twitter // Pinterest

18 comments:

  1. She seems like a fabulous person to interview. So much fun and inspirational.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an inspirational character, we all need a Justina in our lives.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i found out about ms. justina last month---and let me tell you, I LOVE EVERYTHING about her---her hair, her smile, her work, her blog, her PINTEREST pins--LOL---she brings out my mojo every time i visit her blog---my wish?--that she lived next door to me--LOVE YOU GURL!----great post BTW----remain blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the energy she radiates. Such an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVES! So rad! Besties! XO, Shan

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful girl... and beautiful photos.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG. You really outdid yourself, Jennifer! This is so gorgeous! And you totally captured Justina's vibe!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing photos. Rockin photos. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I felt a little low tonight but J's inspiring and positive words here really gave me the lift I needed. What a lovely series this is!

    ReplyDelete
  10. aw, I love the color and fun in these pictures. Thanks for sharing! She is great.

    ReplyDelete
  11. These photos are so great Jennifer!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Holy guacamole!! Way to make a gal feel like gold! Thank you all so very much for you seriously sweet comments, and a HUGE thank you to Jennifer-- I am thrilled with how you captured my colorful life and am so flattered that you wanted to photograph me. With love and thanks!
    ~J

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this girl! She keeps me inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  14. love this series! can't wait to see more~ her aura is beautifully captured + enjoyed learning more about her. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous photos. They have such a great down to earth feel.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What stunning photos of an incredibly creative + beautiful woman!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love, love, love this!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a great feature - Justina is a new obsession of mine ;) She's SO inspiring and motivating and colorful :)

    ReplyDelete

I ART U All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger