ON MY MIND

posted on: January 25, 2012

IMG_7250_MG_6962_MG_6957

My brother gifted my husband a leather guitar pick from Corter Leather today and I couldn't help but look further into where it came from. Leather has been on my mind lately...

"Corter Leather is a super-small, one man operation. Every product is 100% hand made by maker Eric Heins in a small apartment studio in Boston, Massachusetts. Holes are punched and sewn by hand, hardware is set with a mallet, and though most leather is left natural, colored leather is dyed and oiled in house. No templates are ever made; each piece is cut by memory, making no two pieces perfectly alike." 

14 comments:

  1. Wow, these products are amazing. I kinda want that leather notepad...with the scrumptious little pencil holder.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's adorable.

    by the way, thank you so much for the comment you left on my blog. I checked her blog out and I'm going to contact her - I could definitely use someone to talk to about what I'm going through :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! That's pretty amazing that there is no template involved and each piece is made from memory! I sew so I can definitely appreciate this. It's a bit of inspiration for me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's such a nice gift to receive! I love that everything is handmade!

    I hope your doing well Jenn! :)

    <3 Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just found these guys last week too + was swooning over all their product. Nothin' like that natural colored leather...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I'm wishing I didn't buy Keith a new wallet for Christmas now! haha. That wallet is lovely. & those guitar picks... he would love those.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Leather guitar pick?! So awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  8. nice gift. :) and i like this creamy white color...

    http://deerwithorns.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. How cool! Loving that little notebook and the spot it has for the pencil :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loving the color of that leather!
    ♡ Lexi
    FASHION: Glitter & Pearls
    WEDDINGS: Glitter Weddings

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is amazing. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ah i love these! Those leather guitar picks would make such a great gift for a handfull of my friends. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

I ART U All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger