Basecamp Hotel

posted on: January 24, 2013

2013-01-24_0025

We camped out at the new(ish) Basecamp Hotel in South Lake Tahoe. I have so many good things to say about this place. This list is long--I loved the attention to detail throughout the hotel, the design elements, their customer service, rooftop hot tub (yes!), evening s'mores, their minibar with happy hours (think local brews and hot chocolate), complimentary breakfast every morning with simple eats from a local bakery, the coffee and tea that was available at all hours...the list goes on. To top it off, they're dog friendly and encourage community with their comfortable/inviting lobby and communal dinners. I promise the people at Basecamp didn't force me to write these things, I just loved it that much!

IMG_3340
IMG_3353

Below -- a few snaps of the one-of-a-kind room we were lucky to snooze in, The Great Indoors Room! We can't wait to go back this summer. 

2013-01-24_0017
2013-01-24_0005
2013-01-24_0023

See more images on Flickr.

29 comments:

  1. Gorgeous hotel! I love the tent beds! I might have to do that in my room, just for fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. aw, that does seem like an awesome place!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun does this look?! Very cool concept. Bring on the rooftop hot tub.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks like a wonderful place. All the handwritten white-on-black is perfect. xoxo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That room looks awesome! I'll definitely keep this place in mind the next time Anthony and I plan a trip up there!

    ReplyDelete
  6. what an amazing hotel! i LOVE that painted wall, wow!

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is amazing. what a wonderful getaway spot!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my, this looks like such a lovely and relaxing retreat.

    ReplyDelete
  9. beautiful! i'll have to tell k about this for the next time we are in tahoe. ;) thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, definitely pay them a visit. you guys will love! thanks suki!

      Delete
  10. Loving every photo Jennifer, just gorgeous! You're making me want to jump in the car and go right this minute.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, this is just amazing! I'm so jealous you got to stay there.

    Love,
    Breathe Me

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, such brilliant design! I love the blue hues & natural feel of the place. I've been to Tahoe but never stayed over night. So lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  13. These photos are gorgeous, love the thought that they put into the little details. It would be fun to see what the themes in the other rooms are like.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Trixia! The Great Indoors room was unique in that it was one of the few "themed" rooms, but you can check out the other rooms on their site here: http://basecamphotels.com.

      Delete
  14. I LOVE Tahoe and have wanted to take Andreas up there for ages. Hopefully one of these trips back we can finally make it happen, and we will definitely be staying at this hotel :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you guys get to go! I can't wait to check it out in the summer!

      Delete
  15. This hotel looks absolutely amazing! Great shots and oh gosh, I would like to stay there once!!
    Kristina x

    ReplyDelete
  16. This makes me so excited for our summer visit!!! Wait, when are we going again? xoxo.

    ReplyDelete
  17. be still, my norcal heart!!! permanently bookmarking and telling husband to take me there straight away.

    all of your tahoe posts are beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :). you will be a big fan of basecamp! thanks so much, sarah!
      j.

      Delete
  18. I love the room you stayed in! The tent indoors is such a great idea! hope maybe I can built something like that for a kid or something one day!

    ReplyDelete

I ART U All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger